CYBER RISK ACADEMY - TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Our Agreement with You
WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY, AND TO CONTACT US IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS. BY USING OUR SERVICES OR REGISTERING FOR A COURSE, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY, AND TO ABIDE BY, THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS, OR ARE NOT ABLE TO ENTER INTO A BINDING AGREEMENT, THEN UNFORTUNATELY YOU MAY NOT REGISTER FOR A COURSE OR USE OUR SERVICES. THE LAWS OF THE REPUBLIC OF IRELAND ARE APPLICABLE.
Accessing ICTTF Academy
- Acceptance: By clicking on the “Agree” button when registering for your course, you agree to be bound by these “Terms”, which include, by reference, the Policies.
- License: Subject to these Terms, and to the payment of any applicable fees, we grant you a limited, personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable and revocable license to use our intellectual property for the duration of the course, including all services associated with our Courses, and the Online Campus through which Course content is accessed.
- Suitability of Course: Before registering for any Course, you are responsible for satisfying yourself as to the relevance and suitability of the Course for your individual requirements, through consideration of the information supplied through our Websites, and asking questions, if necessary.
- Commencement of Course: You will only receive confirmation of your registration for a Course, and be allowed access to the Online Campus, once you have made the required minimum payment for the Course (unless otherwise specifically stated in the information pack relevant to your Course). There may also be a delay of access to the Online Campus until you are formally enrolled in our records, or until the Course commencement date.
- Registration online: Students can register for Courses online through the links available on our website.
- Basic requirements: In order to complete a Course, you will need a current email account and access to a computer and the internet. You should be familiar with using a computer and accessing the internet, as you may need to be able to read documents in a PDF Reader, view streaming videos, and create documents in Microsoft Word.
- Additional requirements: Certain Courses may require additional software and resources. These additional software and resource requirements will be communicated to students upon registration and/or at the beginning of the Course. Please note that Zoom and Vimeo may be used in our Course delivery, and if these services are blocked in your jurisdiction, you may have difficulty in accessing Course content – we strongly recommend that you check with us before registering for a Course if you have any concerns about this affecting your experience with the Online Campus.
- Identification: During the Course presentation, you will be required to verify your identity with an official identity document, which reflects the name provided upon registration, for authentication and record purposes. Acceptable forms of identification include an identity document (national ID card), passport, government- or state-issued driver’s license, state or province ID card, or birth certificate. Non-submission of valid identification in accordance with standard verification processes will result in your certificate being withheld upon completing a Course successfully. If you undergo a name change during the presentation of a Course, you will be required to communicate this to your Success Manager, who will advise you on the process to be followed. The name provided by you in the document that you have submitted will be the one that appears on any certificate that may be issued to you on successful completion of a Course.
- Language: English is the language of instruction and administration for all ICTTF Academy Courses. All coursework that is required for assessment purposes must be written in English. This includes posts made on the discussion forum.
- Online Campus: Each Course consists of a number of modules delivered over a specified period through the Online Campus, accessible using the “Online Campus” website link provided with your registration. All Course-related documentation is provided in electronic format and can be accessed through the Online Campus.
- Communications: You may receive communication by telephone, email or via the academy portal from ICTTF Academy representatives for Course administration and related purposes, including reminders of assignments and payments due by you, or other information related to your registration or these Terms. You agree and consent to receipt of such communications (although you may opt-out of any generic marketing communications that are unrelated to Course administration, at any time, through the supplied opt-out mechanism).
- Access to Online Campus: Upon your final enrolment for a Course, a profile will be set up for you in the Online Campus (or, if you already have a profile, you will use your existing profile for the new Course). If you are suspended from participation in a Course (for non-payment of fees or any other valid reason), we may suspend access to your profile on the Online Campus. Please note that there may be some time delay between registration and enrolment. Access to a Course presentation and Online Campus may be limited to 7 days from the closure date.
- Permitted use: Only students who are registered for a Course may participate in that Course. You may not divulge your username or password to any other person, may not permit any other person to participate in the Course on your behalf, and may not impersonate any other person in dealing with ICTTF Academy or access the Online Campus using another user’s username and password. If you forget your username or password, we will only take steps that we regard as being secure to ensure that you regain access to your profile.
- Prohibited use: You are prohibited from doing the following:
- Making available copies of the Course content on a network server or web server for use by others.
- Using, displaying or otherwise making available the Course content, or any other materials, in an electronic format that enables it to be downloaded or distributed to any third party via mobile devices or shared in any peer-to-peer or similar file sharing arrangement, or by any other means.
- Sublicensing, reselling, renting, lending, assigning, ceding, donating or otherwise transferring or distributing the Course content or the rights granted under these Terms.
- Reverse engineering, decompiling, or disassembling any software that is contained within Course content or on the Online Campus.
- Removing any notice of copyright, trademark or other proprietary right from any place where it is on or embedded in the Course content
- Your responsibility: You agree that you will contact us immediately if you experience any unauthorised use of your profile details. You accept that you are responsible for the consequences of your use of your profile in the Online Campus, and for maintaining it and all information on it. We do take security seriously, but as the user, you accept all risks of any unauthorised access that could occur regarding your information.
- External websites: ICTTF Academy is not responsible for technical support for any external websites. Courses that require you to use external websites do so to achieve the best learning outcomes. If you have any queries relating to external websites, you are required to contact the support services of the relevant websites directly (although you may request assistance from your Student Success Team through the Online Campus). ICTTF Academy will not be liable for any costs, claims or damages that you may suffer as a result of your use of, or failure to access, any external website.
- Videos: Videos are provided in the majority of Course modules. These videos act as tutorials and lectures for the topics covered in the specific modules and are compulsory unless otherwise stipulated. You will need to be able to view the video lectures available in each module. If you are using a slower internet connection, then attempting to view these videos may be difficult.
- General rules: All students are required to adhere to a Code of Ethics which must be accepted in the Orientation Module for each course. A breach of the Code of Ethics will constitute a breach of this Agreement.
- Offensive and prohibited content and communications: There are various communication channels available to you to enable you to connect with ICTTF Academy’s Team, Head Tutors, and other students, which such as discussion forums and email. All communications on our forums or through our Websites, including any content published by you, must remain appropriate at all times. ICTTF Academy retains the right to monitor and investigate any communication which is alleged to be offensive or specifically prohibited. ICTTF Academy retains the right to take any action that we deem appropriate to ensure that the environment remains constructive.
- Plagiarism: Plagiarism can be defined as the intentional or unintentional use of another’s work without providing reasonable and appropriate credit to the author or source of the work. Plagiarism in assignment submissions is treated extremely seriously. If you are found guilty of plagiarism you may receive zero for the relevant assignment submission, and as a result may not have a certificate issued to you.
Pricing, payment and delivery
- Course fees: When you register for a Course, you agree to pay the applicable Course fee and such other amounts as may be due by you arising from your participation in the Course.
- Payment of VAT and other Taxes: Any VAT or other applicable taxes payable in addition to the Course fees will be identified in your invoice or information pack and such amounts are your sole responsibility unless the contrary is stated.
- Payment reference: When making payment to us, you must ensure that your invoice number (to which the payment relates) is reflected on your payment. We will not be held liable if we are unable to locate your payment, and as a result you are suspended from participation in a Course.
- Promo codes: If you have been provided with a promo code and you would like to make use of it when you register for a Course, you will have to indicate this on the ICTTF Academy Website when registering for the relevant Course (where indicated), and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this promo code. Should you register without utilising the promo code, the promo code will become redundant and you will not be entitled to receive the benefit of the promo code, including a refund of any part of the Course fee, once payment has been received by us. In addition, promo codes are non-transferable and non-refundable – if you request a Course deferral, the promo code shall no longer apply to the fee payable for the deferred Course.
- Suspension for non-payment: If you fail to make payment for a Course by the due date for payment (as agreed during registration and recorded in your invoice), then we may remove you from the Course or suspend your participation in the Course in our sole discretion. If you are suspended from participation, you will not be permitted to access the Online Campus until such time as the outstanding payment has been made by you, and you will be given a period of time within which to rectify non-payment. If you fail to make payment within the given additional period of time, then we will be entitled to cancel your registration and remove you from the course and you will not be entitled to any refund. Under no circumstances will students be permitted to continue with a Course following the release of final marks in respect of that Course.
- Reminders: You hereby acknowledge and consent to us contacting you in relation to payments due by you for a Course or in terms of these Terms, by way of email, text message, telephone calls, or other means as determined by us.
- Dispute: If there is a dispute between us relating to the payment of any Course fee, or the way in which you use the Online Campus or the Website, we may at our sole discretion suspend your participation in the Course for the period of the dispute.
- Certification: Certificates of successful completion of a Course according to the stipulated requirements for award of a certificate will be issued in your legal name provided to us during the registration process. No certificate will be issued to you if you do not meet the stipulated requirements for the award of a certificate. If you are found guilty of plagiarism (even for the first offence) where a satisfactory explanation is not given, the Academy may decide not to issue a certificate to you. No changes can be made to the standard form or wording of a certificate for any reason.
- Certificate Delivery: Certificates are available to download from the ICTTF Academy Portal
- Certificate Errors: If you receive your certificate with an error you are required to notify us. We cannot be held liable for errors resulting from incorrect personal student information provided to us. Any certificate changes must be requested within 3 months of course completion and may take up to one month to process.
- Withheld certificates: If you are eligible for the award of a certificate, your certificate may be withheld by ICTTF Academy in the following circumstances:
- If you are under investigation for academic dishonesty or misconduct and such matter has not been resolved at the time of certification, the award of a certificate may be suspended until the matter has been disposed of by ICTTF Academy.
- If you have outstanding fees owing to ICTTF Academy your certificate may be withheld until such time as your fees have been settled in full.
- If you fail to verify your identity. Your certificate will be withheld until such time as you have verified your identity.
Limitation of liability and indemnity
- No liability for Course outcomes: We will not, under any circumstances, be liable for any costs, claims or damages that you may sustain or suffer as a result of registering for and/or participating in any Course or other service offered by us which is not relevant, suitable or does not meet yours and/or any relevant industry or commercial body’s requirements. Under no circumstances do we guarantee your suitability for a particular Course based on the levels of difficulty. We cannot, under any circumstances, be held liable to you for any costs, claims or damages, if after the completion of a course you are not able to obtain employment or a promotion within your chosen field of study, or any other outcome you may believe completing a Course will assist you to attain.
- Limitation of liability: To the maximum extent permitted by law, you agree that we will not be liable for any cost, claims, damages (including, without limitation, indirect, extrinsic, special, penal, punitive, exemplary or consequential loss (such as loss of profits, business, goodwill, revenue or anticipated savings) or other damages of any kind, penalties, actions, judgments, suits, expenses, disbursements, fines or other amounts that you or any third party might suffer that relates to or arises from these Terms, your participation in a Course, or termination of a Course for any reason, whether or not anyone anticipated or should have anticipated that damages would occur. In no event shall ICTTF Academy’s aggregate liability to you for any and all claims exceed the total amount of fees received from you in the six months preceding any cause of action.
- Acknowledgment: You acknowledge and agree that the disclaimers and limitations of liability set forth in these Terms reflect a reasonable and fair allocation of risk between you and ICTTF Academy, and that these limitations are an essential basis to our ability to make services available to you on an economically feasible basis.
- Time constraint: You agree that, to the extent permissible by applicable law, any cause of action related to these Terms or ICTTF Academy’s services or Courses must commence within 1 year after the cause of action comes into being. If not, such cause of action shall be permanently barred.
- Indemnity: Subject to any applicable laws, you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless in respect of any claim that a third party might bring against us that relates to or arises from these Terms arising from your registration for a Course. This indemnity includes claims arising from your use of the Online Campus in a way that does not comply with these Terms, or if we transfer your profile to another person, or if another person accesses your profile without your consent. This indemnity also includes all liability or loss that we might suffer as a result of a claim, including legal costs on the highest permissible scale and any additional legal and collection costs.
Interruption of ICTTF Academy Website or Online Campus
- Interruption of service: You acknowledge and agree that from time to time, the ICTTF Academy Website and/or Online Campus may be inaccessible or inoperable, by reason of one or more of the following:
- Equipment malfunctions or faults.
- Periodic maintenance procedures, downtime, or repairs that we may undertake from time to time.
- Causes beyond our control, including, without limitation, interruption or failure of telecommunication or digital transmission links, attacks on the network and network congestion or other failures.
- No breach: Such interruption to the accessibility of the ICTTF Academy Website or Online Campus will not be deemed a breach of this Agreement under any circumstances whatsoever and we will not, under any circumstances, be liable to you for any costs, claims or damages that you may sustain or suffer as a result of any interruption, inoperability or inaccessibility of the ICTTF Academy Website and/or Online Campus.
- Security: We will use reasonable commercial measures to secure our system and your profile in the Online Campus, and related information, however, we cannot guarantee that unauthorised third parties will not be able to defeat our security measures. You undertake to notify us immediately of any compromise or unauthorised use of your account.
- Reservation of rights: Except where expressly stated to the contrary, copyright in the HTML, text, graphics, audio clips, video clips, source and/or object code and all other works (including trading marks and names) contained on the Online Campus or otherwise provided to students by ICTTF Academy, is owned by us or licensed to us, and we assert and reserve all of our rights in this regard. Access to or use of our services and Courses will not in any way result in an assignment or license of any intellectual property owned by us or any other party. All training material (Videos, PDF files or in any format) is the intellectual property of ICTTF Ltd and students are only licensed to access the material during the duration of the course. Students acknowledge that any distribution of this material is strictly prohibited.
- Student content: The services and Courses may enable you to share your own content, including assignments, with ICTTF Academy, Head Tutors, Managers, and fellow students. You retain all intellectual property rights in, and are responsible for, the content that you share, however you specifically agree and consent that we and the Academy collaborating on your Course shall be entitled to use (in our discretion) all content shared by you on our Online Campus for internal research and development, Course improvement and non-commercial purposes. Ultimately, it is your responsibility to ensure the proper protection of your student intellectual property – if your student intellectual property will be best protected by way of trade secret, or you have not filed for protection of your protectable intellectual property, then non-disclosure may be an essential protection. We cannot, and do not, guarantee that any intellectual property shared on the Online Campus or otherwise through the Website will not be used by other students.