NIST CYBER SECURITY EXPERT - ON DEMAND
Cyber Security Program Based on the NIST Cyber Security Framework”
About This Course
NCSE Course in 1 Minute
What does the Course Cover?
We breakdown the underground economy of cybercrime. We reference real-life case studies of high-profile cyber-attacks with a view to understanding why and how they were attacked and what could have been done to prevent the breach.
We then move on to understanding CYBER RISK MANAGEMENT FUNDAMENTALS.
We explore how a cyber risk framework operates and how it integrates with the business value chain. Understand the foundational elements including standards, policies, procedures, legal and regulatory controls.
We also review the related informative references with implementation tiers for each function area.In module 5, we breakdown the NIST IDENTIFY FUNCTION by exploring how to develop an organizational understanding in order to manage cybersecurity risk to systems, people, assets, data, and capabilities.
- We then breakdown the NIST PROTECT FUNCTION by exploring how to develop and implement appropriate safeguards to ensure delivery of services.
- Next we breakdown the NIST DETECT FUNCTION by exploring how to develop and implement appropriate activities to identify the occurrence of a cybersecurity event.
- We now move to breaking down the NIST RESPOND FUNCTION by exploring how to develop and implement appropriate activities to take action regarding a detected cybersecurity incident.
- We then breakdown the fifth area which is the NIST RECOVER FUNCTION by exploring how to develop and implement appropriate activities to maintain plans for resilience and to restore any capabilities or services that were impaired due to a cybersecurity incident.
Explore the Modules
The Course is for?
- CISO/CSO/CIO or CRO
- Head of IT/Security
- CCO Chief Compliance Officer
- Cyber Security/Risk/Compliance Teams
- Head of Business Units
- Technology Leaders / Project Managers
- Management Professionals / Team Leaders
- Digital Consultants
How do you Learn?
Training material comprises of rich interactive media such as videos, infographics and course notes. There are many opportunities for collaborative learning via the discussion forums and you can leverage the portal to connect to other students around the world. All students also have access to scheduled remote live learning sessions, with an opportunity to directly liaise with the tutor.
There are 10 modules with an online exam at the end of each module. The pass score for each module is 80% and you must obtain an average score of 80% or higher across all modules to be successfully certified. You can re-sit each of the module exams three times if required during your 10 weeks.
What Support do I Get?
About the Head Tutor
- President of the ICTTF International Cyber Threat Task Force
- Co Chairman of the UK NCA National Crime Agency Industry Group
- Advisor to NaCTSO (National Counter Terrorism Security Office)
- Advisor to NATO on Countering Hybrid Cyber Threats
- Advisor to UK Defence Committee DEFCOM in Parliament
- Deputy Chair – Organised Crime Task Force Industry Group – NI
- Interim Global CISO for numerous multi national organisations
- Advisor to numerous governments and intelligence agencies
How do I get Certified?
Will it Help my Career?
Do I need to have a Cyber Security Background?
How do I Re-certify?
What does this course equip students with?
What is the Course Format?
Overview: Introduction outlining the features of the online campus portal. Students get an opportunity to complete their online student profiles. Introductions to key support contacts.
- Reading Material (Case books and References in PDF Format)
- Videos (Covering the Module Topic)
- Online Exam
What is the Pass Mark and How Does the Scoring Work?
What is the Cancellation Policy?
|Registration:||A booking online reserves your place, this does not guarantee your place. Only *payment in full of the course fees will guarantee your place. You will be sent a registration email to complete your profile once payment in full has been received.|
|Installment Payment Option:||If a student has elected to pay by instalments, they are fully committed and legally obligated to pay ALL instalments outlined.|
|Course Cancellation:||Due to unforeseen circumstances, ICTTF Ltd may be compelled to cancel the course at short notice. In such circumstances, registrants will be entitled to a full refund of their course fee, or the course fee can be credited towards a future course.|
Notice of a registrant’s intention to cancel their registration must be made in writing ([email protected] ) to ICTTF Ltd. In such cases, registrants will have the following options:
1) Nominate a replacement to attend in their place. Such notice must be made in writing at least 5 days before the commencement of the course.
2) Defer to a course commencing at a later date. Such notice must be made within 10 days of the commencement of the course and is subject to availability.
Registrants who fail to attend the course will be charged 100% of the full fee.
Where a registrant who has to cancel nominates a suitable replacement to attend in their place, no cancellation penalty will be incurred unless the registrant has already started the course. The suitable replacement must meet the Entry Requirements for the
wishing to transfer to a later date will be billed a 10% administration fee
plus any increase in the price of the course.
Participants who started the course and wants to nominate a replacement will be billed a 10% administration fee plus any increase in the price of the course.
|Changes to Course:||ICTTF Ltd. reserves the right to change course content, structure, lecturers and dates.|